When enjoying the Brownsboro Alliance Trails this summer, stay safe! Here are some suggestions and resources to help you have the best experience on your next hike or ride. While this is not an exhaustive list, we hope these tips will help you when you’re on the trails.
- Do not hike or horseback alone.
- Notify a family member or friend the time and date you plan to traverse the trail so in case you do not return as expected, emergency services can be contacted.
- Keep a charged cell phone on you.
- Lock your trailer and/or car. BA is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- Consider purchasing and carrying a small pocket first aid kit. Bring bug spray and check for ticks after you’re finished.
- Walk or ride on BA Trail ONLY.
- Observe all trail signs.
- Practice safe horsemanship.
- Approved safety helmets are strongly recommended for all riders, and required for those under the age of 16 years of age.
- No riders under the age of 10 years of age.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent and/or guardian at all times.
- During hunting season (Sept. 1 – Jan. 31), please check our website for postings during this time period.
- If trail conditions are questionable because of past or present weather conditions, please check our website for postings.
- Observe all signs that may be posted at the trailhead and entrance.
- Hikers – keep your dogs on leash at all times. No dogs on leashes with horses.
- Respect others on the trail; Respect the trail.
- Have your BATA Digital Membership ID saved on your cell phone or a copy with you.
- ALWAYS, IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911. Give them the address of 9510 Hwy. 329, Crestwood, KY 40014.
For more information, see also:
You must be logged in to post a comment.